Saturday 10 December 2011

AH Pintwork Creative Process

For my printwork I decided to make a magazine advert for the band's tour. My original idea was to have a simple yet effective picture of the band with the band name in large lettering towards the top and writing in the middle. My final printwork was very similar to this as shown by my initial draft which I did as a basic outline on Microsoft Paint.


I made my final printwork using Photoshop and began my importing a band photo we took whilst on one of our shoots. I highlighted the band memebers using a lasso tool and edited the background colours into black and white to give an effective look.


After this I decided to make the band name at the top with Century Gothic font and in large capital letters. This was to draw the attention of the audience, but to make it even more effective I added a red background to the letters to make them stand out and to add more colour.


Following this, I made the background and in order to have brand continuity, I used a part of the album cover which meant an audience could recognise the advert if they had already seen the alum cover. I rotated the background into a position where it looked best which left the writing to do last.


For the text I used the same colour scheme as the band name which looked effectiver because locations, dates and the phone number were in bold which is what the audience would be looking for from a magazine advert for a tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment