Friday 9 September 2011

BW: 5 Music Music




'Rolling In The Deep' - Adele



Although the video is fairly repetitious in the shots it uses, I like the use of strong visual aspects to this video. For instance, the hundreds of glasses of water vibrating on the floor looks nice in HD, as does the slow motion of the plates being smashed against the wall.



2. 'Set The World On Fire' - The King Blues



I really like this video, for three reasons. Firstly, there is a 'tongue in cheek' humour throughout where the video never takes itself too seriously. The second is the use of bright primary colours, which contrasts our preliminary task, which, in terms of mise-en-scene was very dark and gloomy, and I would like something more bright and open. The third is the exaggerated style, almost comic like, which is the style we were considering for the rejected song, '1+1'



3. 'Stay The Night' - James Blunt



I like the way this music video has 'captured' the mood and feel of a hot summers day. The actual visuals are simple in this video, but the subtle yellow filter makes the video feel warm and comfortable and relatable. Although I don't want to make a video of this style, it would be nice to capture a mood this effectively.



4. 'Let's Hang The Landlord' - The King Blues



Another King Blues song, but I like the British style of their videos. This is very different, building up a picture and scenes on a blank canvas, like the idea of painting a picture. It's interesting how they use one shot throughout but keep the video moving and interesting.





5. 'Love How It Hurts' - Scouting For Girls



I found this video more recently, and I really like it. It is a far more rare example of a video where the actors are not singing the song, and is a simple narrative based music video. As with most of my suggestions, I like the use of primary colours, it looks even nicer if you watch it in high definition. I also really enjoyed the simplicity of it, showing how a professional, effective music video can be made on a small budget and with some clever ideas and nice camera framing (rule of thirds is prevalent throughout, I noticed).

No comments:

Post a Comment