Thursday 29 September 2011

AH Technical Analysis

I did a technical analysis of the music video for Rebecca Black's "My Moment" because I wanted to see what the generic conventions are for a mainstream pop song. In doing this I was able to learn what main features there are in modern videos, but also allowed me to see what features we could change in order to make our video more indie and suitable to our songs genre.

One of the first things that I learnt from the technical analysis is the huge number of shots that are involved in the video. If a video does not have enough cuts, then it can become quite boring and the audience could lose interest.
A second thing I learnt was that despite a large number of shots, there wasn' actually much variety in them. Only a couple of locations were used, but to prevent it from looking repetitive, there was simply different types of movement or a different type of shot showing the same object or person to keep it looking fresh.
Movement also proved to be vital for a music video, with different camera movements being used often and very few shots being static. This makes the video aesthetically pleasing rather than watching the same still images frequently throughout.





No comments:

Post a Comment